The mission of Cellistic/ Ncardia is to understand human iPSC and developmental biology and harness this knowledge to develop and manufacture iPSC therapeutics that significantly improve patient outcomes. We are convinced that pluripotent stem cell technology is the key to getting better, more efficient treatments to patients faster. To achieve this mission, we are building a world-leading research facility to overcome the complexity and challenges of iPSC lineage specification. We will know we have succeeded when we can reliably and rapidly generate cell products that consistently produce positive outcomes in patients.
Within our Cell Therapy team in Mont-Saint-Guibert (Belgium) there is a position immediately available for a Sr Finance Manager. The selected candidate will report to the CFO. We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution.
For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.cellistic.com
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 3-4 people
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial regulations and reporting requirements
- Coordinate external audits
- Implement internal controls and risk management practices
- Prepare complete, correct, and timely financial reporting, including monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Continuously improve reporting, providing detailed and substantiated analyses of monthly financials
- Develop and implement a robust financial forecasting process to help guide the organization's financial decisions
- Collaborate with the CFO and the finance leadership team to develop long-term financial strategies aligned with the organization's vision and goals
- Contribute to monitoring customers project profitability through project lifetime and recommend action plan together with Business Controlling to improve profitability
- Monitor budget performance regularly and implement cost control measures where necessary to optimize spending;
- Identify areas of inefficiency and recommend cost-saving initiatives to improve the organization's financial health
- Work closely with various company stakeholders to add value and seek for continuous improvements
- Be a leading contributor the implementation and improvement of a new ERP system
- Optimize cash flow to support the organization's operational needs and growth initiatives;
- Minimize working capital requirements and improve cash conversion cycles
- Ensure that all taxes related returns (e.g. VAT, WHT, CIT) are prepared accurately and filled in due time
- Monitor the local tax environment to understand risks, opportunities and actions required;
- Manage intercompany transactions, including transfer pricing.
- Other activities related to finance, tax and administrations
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master degree in Finance, Business Administration or you can demonstrate a relevant experience;
- Big four experience;
- Good knowledge of IFRS;
- 5+ years of working experience in similar role(s), within an international context, in a multi-country, multi-regulations, multi-systems environment.
Skills & Competencies:
- Fluent in business English. French and/or Dutch is a plus;
- Results oriented, problem solver;
- Team player with a strong drive and leadership skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-growing environment;
- Experience in a similar role within pharma or biotech industry and knowledge of clinical trials is an advantage;
- Flexibility for traveling (Leiden – 2 days; 1 or 2 times/month).
Job Location: Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium
Position Type: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
We offer you a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. We provide a competitive salary package based on your education and experience.
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org